Friday, April 29, 2022

Final Blog Post

                                                          My Relationship With Technology


We live in a world surrounded by technology left and right, you can't go a day without using or at least looking at some sort of technology. Some of my oldest memories of technology are going to movie theaters to see movies, using a VHS and DVD player, or using my Dad's Blackberry to play Brick Breaker on it. Brick Baker is a game where you would control a ball and try to break bricks. Heck even using computers in school for work or playing Cool Math. In my lifetime technology has evolved right in front of my eyes as I have gotten older technology has also evolved. 


Because of college and the career I want to pursue which is directing and writing movies I can't really avoid technology it is at the center and it is always evolving when it comes to the film industry. I find it extremely fascinating watching the technology evolve, look back to the early 2000s when the Lord Of The Rings movie came out which revolutionized the art of storytelling and technology when they brought the character of Gollum to life from a motion-capture performance by Andy Serkis who would crawl around like Gollum and create all his mannerisms on set and then they would take his performance and transform him to look like the character of Gollum that you see in the movies. Another prime example of technological advancement is Disney's and Lucasfilm's Star Wars show The Mandalorian on Disney+  which moved away from the typical green screen you see in Hollywood to The Volume. The Volume is a soundstage combined with StageCraft that would create fully render environments for the actors and crew to shoot in and the background renders in real-time so wherever the camera would move the screens would change based on what the cameras are looking at.  A little movie released on December 18, 2009, directed and written by James Cameron with a budget of $237 million called Avatar which revolutionized 3D technology and became the highest-grossing movie of all time with a whopping $ 2,847,379,794 this smashing success spawned five sequels with the sequel called Avatar: The Way Of Water coming out December 16, 2022. Twelve years later, according to James Cameron, he has been saying for years that the sequels keep getting pushed because he is waiting for technology to catch up with what he wants to do and finally 12 years later, it has.  

In its Avatar: Way of Water the movie takes place mostly underwater and to bring the movie to life a 900,000 gallon and they used a sort of underwater mo-cap that had never been used before. Finally after years of delay and not really showing much to the public, well finally at Cinema Con 2022 and the wait was well worth it because it astonished everyone. The audience mouths dropped to floor according to reports and that even if you think you know what you are in for it's not. So with that being the field I hope to enter it's going to be hard to avoid technology because you are kind of at the heart of technology advancement. If you google my name my Instagram comes up so that is part of my digital footprint I don't check it as much because I have been busy I only look at it when I have free time or if I am by myself.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

                                                                         My Relationship With Technology We live in a world surrounded by te...